Once again I will be offering an online introductory course on environmental communication through the International Environmental Communication Association (IECA). Environmental Communication: Research into Practice will run for 10 weeks from September 15 to November 21.
The course will survey the following topics:
- Understanding the field of environmental and sustainability communication
- Environmental discourses
- Language and metaphors
- Message framing
- The visualization of environmental issues and sustainability ideas
- News media
- Advertising and popular culture
- Advocacy campaigns
- Social marketing
- Public participation in environmental debates
This course will be relevant to the following participants:
- current environmental communication practitioners who want to brush up
- anyone looking to work in the field of environmental communication
- environmental science professionals who want a better understanding of the many ways effective communication is relevant to environmental affairs
- graduate and higher level undergraduate students in communication, environmental studies and sciences, or other fields
- concerned citizens who want to explore this area
All the details about the course format, objectives, registration, etc. are on the course page on the IECA site.
You must be logged in to post a comment.